Data Specialist Consultant, Financial Services Group
YOUR NEW COMPANY!
Continued growth has created exciting opportunities for a Data Specialist Consultant to join our Financial Services Group.
OPTIMUS | SBR is a leading Toronto based management consulting firm providing a wide range of services to leading organizations across North America. Our services include, strategy, policy, transformation, integration, organizational effectiveness, process improvement, procurement & fairness, regulatory effectiveness and project management services across multiple sectors including Financial Services and Banking, Health Care, Broader Public Sector, and Energy & Infrastructure.
Since 2013, OPTIMUS | SBR has been named by Profit 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada! We have also been recognized as one of the Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for five consecutive years. We are proud of our success which is directly linked to the dedication to our staff, our clients and our community. We strive to build deeper, stronger relationships with our clients to help them achieve their business goals.
YOUR NEW ROLE!
You will be responsible for driving thought leadership and will demonstrate an understanding of all the different aspects of data, delivery of data projects, support the technical process and the growth of project team members. At OPTMUS | SBR our staff are highly engaged individuals which encourages bold and entrepreneurial ideas that challenge the status quo.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SUCCEED?
You will be ambitious, enthusiastic and adaptable with the ability to solve complex problems and drive new innovative solutions through advanced analysis. You have solid experience with a deep understanding of data, forecasting and analysis within the financial services and banking sector. You will need to be confident, ambitious and have the talent to wear multiple hats and adapt to changing needs and environments.
- Analyze, design, develop and lead projects driving data strategy outcomes with the clients
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding, plus an ability to communicate to clients and stakeholders, the principles of data architecture and engineering across multiple domains
- Strong understanding of data governance and the documentation of data lineage, processes, risk & controls, and data quality testing
- Define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes
- Use methodologies, solutions and tools to help organizations optimize their business performance by managing, sorting and filtering volumes of data as well as extracting meaningful value from these large volumes of data
- Ability to develop, manage, and execute end-to-end solutions to clients’ needs and requirements
- Complete assigned work related to project deliverables on time and manage project budget
- Lead a team of project resources by providing day to day direction, coaching and mentoring
- Accountable for driving the quality of requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Participate in project planning and administration, includes progress reports, client briefings, presentations, deliverables, and final reporting regarding outcome of process
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Participate in proposals development and other sales support, including identifying and assisting in selling extensions to clients and relationship business
- Contribute to company brand presence
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7-10 years of consulting and/or financial services experience
- Relevant professional experience in implementing analytic solutions, relational data models, data lakes/warehouse, data lineage, data quality management and working with ETL tools
- Experience with SQL, Python, Tableau, Information Analyzer, IGC, Collibra or similar programming languages
- RDARR or IFRS experience is considered an asset
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Energetic, enthusiastic and committed
- Required Education: University Degree
- Preferred Education: Post-Graduate degree, Master Degree in Data Management, CPA, MBA or other relevant designations
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At our core is an ongoing commitment to our employees. Our goal is to be a company where every colleague can contribute to our success and excel. We work hard to create opportunities for our employees to develop and grow so that our clients see us as the best in the business and our company is known as a great place to work. We are committed to our clients and building lasting partnerships with them – our success is our client’s success. We have great clients, great products, great services and talented people just like you!
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual performance bonuses
- Flexible health benefits
- Career development program
- A culture of rewards & recognition
- A performance culture that encourages, promotes and celebrates hard work, innovation, and overall employee contributions. One that encourages you to define your pathway and the time line to achieve the next level
- Ability to make a difference and a lasting impact
- Work with dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing teams and have the opportunity to do challenging work and to contribute above and beyond
- Flexible work/life balance
- Join one of our many committees to broaden your horizon, meet new people, enhance your skills and give back to your community and workplace.
Optimus | SBR is an inclusive employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are also committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please let your Recruiter know and/or notify Human Resources @ Optimus | SBR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.