IBM InfoSphere Developer, Financial Services Group
OUR NEW COMPANY!
Continued growth has created exciting opportunities for an IBM InfoSphere Developer to join our Financial Services Group.
Optimus SBR is a leading Toronto based management consulting firm providing a wide range of services to leading organizations across North America. Our services include, strategy, policy, transformation, integration, organizational effectiveness, process improvement, procurement & fairness, regulatory effectiveness and project management services across multiple sectors including Financial Services and Banking, Health Care, Broader Public Sector, and Energy & Infrastructure.
Since 2013, Optimus SBR has been named by Growth 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada! We have also been recognized as one of the Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for five consecutive years. We are proud of our success which is directly linked to the dedication to our staff, our clients and our community. We strive to build deeper, stronger relationships with our clients to help them achieve their business goals.
YOUR NEW ROLE!
You will responsible for consulting, developing, implementing all Data Quality tests and ongoing reporting while acting as a trusted advisor and SME for our clients. At Optimus SBR our staff are highly engaged individuals which encourages bold and entrepreneurial ideas that challenge the status quo.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SUCCEED?
You will be ambitious, enthusiastic and adaptable with the ability to solve complex problems and drive new innovative solutions through advanced analysis. You have solid experience with a deep understanding of data governance and analysis within the financial services and banking sector. You will need to be confident, ambitious and have the talent to wear multiple hats and adapt to changing needs and environments.
- A key resource in evaluating existing controls to determine Data Quality rules, coding within Information Analyzer and providing reporting to end users on results
- Evolving and managing cross functional processes to ensure data integrity and compliance across numerous, diverse user communities
- Champion the use of data to drive decision making and inform clients of quality standards/thresholds of acceptance for data input
- Perform data quality monitoring/analysis/measurement and report on data quality based on findings
- Strong understanding of data governance and the documentation of data lineage, processes, risk & controls, and data quality testing
- Ability to develop, manage, and execute end-to-end solutions to clients’ needs and requirements
- Complete assigned work related to project deliverables on time and manage project budget
- Contribute to company brand presence
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of experience in professional software development and IT Services
- Advanced skills using in IBM suite of tools including Infosphere, Stewardship Centre and Information Analyzer
- Experience in Financial Services Industry is an asset
- Experience in writing complicated SQLs, analyzing query performance, query tuning, database indexes/partitions, stored procedure development, data modeling
- Familiarity with Data Governance activities including Data Rules, Data Profiling reports, and Data Rule Definitions
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Energetic, enthusiastic and committed
- Required Education: University Degree, preferably in IT, Computer Science, Data Analytics or Engineering
- Preferred Education: Post-Graduate degree, Master Degree in Data Management, CPA, MBA or other relevant designations
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At our core is an ongoing commitment to our employees. Our goal is to be a company where every colleague can contribute to our success and excel. We work hard to create opportunities for our employees to develop and grow so that our clients see us as the best in the business and our company is known as a great place to work. We are committed to our clients and building lasting partnerships with them – our success is our client’s success. We have great clients, great products, great services and talented people just like you!
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual performance bonuses
- Flexible health benefits
- Career development program
- A culture of rewards & recognition
- A performance culture that encourages, promotes and celebrates hard work, innovation, and overall employee contributions. One that encourages you to define your pathway and the time line to achieve the next level
- Ability to make a difference and a lasting impact
- Work with dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing teams and have the opportunity to do challenging work and to contribute above and beyond
- Flexible work/life balance
- Join one of our many committees to broaden your horizon, meet new people, enhance your skills and give back to your community and workplace.
Optimus SBR is an inclusive employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are also committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please let your Recruiter know and/or notify Human Resources @ Optimus SBR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.