Manager, Financial Services Group
YOUR NEW COMPANY!
Continued growth has created an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join our Financial Services Group.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to collaborate, build and succeed as part of a team of industry professionals and the ability to share challenges and rewards that come from working with a great group of high performing professionals and industry experts all while collaborating closely to share knowledge and expertise.
YOUR NEW ROLE!
Our professional Management Consultants demonstrate a high level of technical, delivery, industry knowledge and skills, specifically in the areas of, project & program management, banking, and financial services.
At Optimus SBR our teams are highly engaged which encourages bold and entrepreneurial ideas that challenge the status quo.
You will be responsible to lead and participate in project delivery and management through planning and administration which includes progress reports, client briefings, presentations, facilitation and deliverables. You will have a proven track record of success, and will have a focus on building relationships with external clients.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SUCCEED?
You will be ambitious, enthusiastic and adaptable with the ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment. You have solid working experience and a deep understanding of the processes within the financial services and banking sector. You will need to be confident, ambitious and have the ability to wear multiple hats and adapt to changing needs and environments while working independently.
- Lead, participate and oversee overall project management through planning and administration which includes building and overseeing progress reports, client briefings, program plans, communications, client briefings, presentations, deliverables and reporting
- Lead project teams, project timelines and deliverables
- Ability to identify project issues and risks and prepare mitigation plans
- Ability to develop, manage, and execute end-to-end solutions to clients’ needs and requirements
- Oversee assigned work related to project deliverables and deliver on time and manage to a project budget
- Provide day to day direction, coaching and mentoring to project teams
- Accountable for driving the quality of requirements, specifications, business processes
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Participate in proposals development and other sales support, including identifying and assisting in selling extensions to clients, managing change order process and building and maintaining business relationship
- Contribute to company brand presence
- 7-10 years relevant working experience
- Previous Financial Services and Banking experience, is required
- Previous Consulting firm experience, including business development experience, is an asset
- Self directed, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to sell ideas and recommendation to various stakeholders
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Strong people skills with an ability to lead, motivate, coach and mentor
- Required Education: Related University Degree
- Preferred Education: Post-Graduate degree, MBA, PMP, CMC, CPA or other relevant
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At our core is an ongoing commitment to our employees. Our goal is to be a company where every colleague can contribute to our success and excel. We work hard to create opportunities for our employees to develop and grow so that our clients see us as the best in the business and our company is known as a great place to work. We are committed to our clients and building lasting partnerships with them – our success is our client’s success. We have great clients, great products, great services and talented people just like you!
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual performance bonuses
- Flexible health benefits
- Career development program
- A culture of rewards & recognition
- A performance culture that encourages, promotes and celebrates hard work, innovation, and overall employee contributions. One that encourages you to define your pathway and the time line to achieve the next level
- Ability to make a difference and a lasting impact
- Work with dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing teams and have the opportunity to do challenging work and to contribute above and beyond
- Flexible work/life balance
- Join one of our many committees to broaden your horizon, meet new people, enhance your skills and give back to your community and workplace.
WHO WE ARE.
Optimus SBR is a leading Toronto based management consulting firm providing a wide range of services to leading organizations across North America. Our services include, strategy, policy, transformation, integration, organizational effectiveness, process improvement, procurement & fairness, regulatory effectiveness and project management services across multiple sectors including Financial Services and Banking, Health Care, Broader Public Sector, and Energy & Infrastructure.
Since 2013, Optimus SBR has been named by Growth 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada! We have also been recognized as one of the Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for seven consecutive years. We are proud of our success which is directly linked to the dedication to our staff, our clients and our community. We strive to build deeper, stronger relationships with our clients to help them achieve their business goals.
Optimus SBR is an inclusive employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are also committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please let your Recruiter know and/or notify Human Resources @ Optimus SBR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.