Project Management Consultants, Financial Services Group
YOUR NEW COMPANY!
Continued growth has created an exciting opportunity for Project Manager Consultants to join our Financial Services group.
OPTIMUS | SBR is a leading Toronto based management consulting firm providing a wide range of services to leading organizations across North America. Our services include, strategy, policy, transformation, integration, organizational effectiveness, process improvement, procurement & fairness, regulatory effectiveness and project management services across multiple sectors including Financial Services, Health Care, Public Sector, and Energy & Infrastructure.
Since 2013, Optimus SBR has been named by Growth 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada! We have also been recognized as one of the Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for seven consecutive years. We are proud of our success which is directly linked to the dedication to our staff, our clients and our community. We strive to build deeper, stronger relationships with our clients to help them achieve their business goals.
YOUR NEW ROLE!
Our Project Management Consultants demonstrate a high level of technical and industry knowledge. At Optimus SBR our staff are highly engaged individuals which encourages bold and entrepreneurial ideas that challenge the status quo.
You will have deep experience as a project manager in the financial services and banking sector while managing and leading teams on various projects. Your project management capabilities will see you responsible for all aspects of a project or project stream. Your capabilities and client facing skills will see you through planning and administration which includes people management, project timelines and budget, progress reports, client briefings, stakeholder engagements and final deliverables/outcomes.
You will have a proven track record of success in project management and will have a innate focus on building relationships with key stakeholders and external clients.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SUCCEED?
You will be ambitious, enthusiastic and adaptable with the ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment. You have solid working experience and a deep understanding of the processes within the financial services and banking sector. You will need to be confident, ambitious and have the ability to wear multiple hats and adapt to changing needs and environments while working independently.
- Accountable for overall project management through planning and administration which includes progress reports, client briefings, presentations and deliverables
- Ability to develop, manage, and execute end-to-end solutions to clients’ needs and requirements
- Complete assigned work related to project deliverables on time and manage project budget
- Provide cost/benefit analysis, budgeting, financials and benefits analysis
- Lead a team of project resources by providing day to day direction, coaching and mentoring
- Accountable for driving the quality of requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Participate in project planning and administration, includes progress reports, client briefings, presentations, deliverables, and final reporting regarding outcome of process
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Participate in proposals development and other sales support, including identifying and assisting in selling extensions to clients and relationship business
- Contribute to company brand presence
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5-8 years of project management experience leading complex enterprise projects with high level of complexity and uncertainty
- Demonstrated leadership ability in large scale finance / risk / regulatory programs within the financial services sector (banking, insurance, investment, trust)
- Excellent business analysis skills
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to lead workshops
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, dynamic
- Energetic, enthusiastic and committed
- Required Education: Related University Degree (Accounting, Economics, Finance)
- Preferred Education: Post-Graduate degree, CPA or CFA designation
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At our core is an ongoing commitment to our employees. Our goal is to be a company where every colleague can contribute to our success and excel. We work hard to create opportunities for our employees to develop and grow so that our clients see us as the best in the business and our company is known as a great place to work. We are committed to our clients and building lasting partnerships with them – our success is our client’s success. We have great clients, great products, great services and talented people just like you!
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual performance bonuses
- Flexible health benefits
- Career development program
- A culture of rewards & recognition
- A performance culture that encourages, promotes and celebrates hard work, innovation, and overall employee contributions. One that encourages you to define your pathway and the time line to achieve the next level
- Ability to make a difference and a lasting impact
- Work with dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing teams and have the opportunity to do challenging work and to contribute above and beyond
- Flexible work/life balance
- Join one of our many committees to broaden your horizon, meet new people, enhance your skills and give back to your community and workplace.
While all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in OPTIMUS | SBR
Optimus SBR is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliant with the accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources @ Optimus SBR.